Maya's Musings

The daily trials, triumphs and tribulations of a 21st-century, Mexican-Polish-American baby.

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

My Days With Clay


I always write about what a wonderful, loving family I have. But I am also lucky enough to have lots of awesome friends. Today, I am going to tell you about my best buddy, Clay.

When we moved to Orange County, Mami and Papi weren't sure who would take care of me while they worked. Luckily, their good friends Jen and Rich had a wonderful nanny named Georgina. So three days a week, I went over to Clay's house, where Georgina took really good care of us while we kept busy playing and having fun.

We spent our days playing with choo-choos, running around the living room, singing "Ring Around the Rosie," and playing with water on hot summer days. I'm not very affectionate with anyone but Mami or Papi, but after a while, me and Clay were thick as thieves. We even gave each other a beso and an abrazo at the end of each day!

But as the saying goes, all good things must come to an end. Clay is having a baby brother very soon, and Georgina will be very busy taking care of him. So I am starting preschool when we get back from our trip to Connecticut. I am excited about my new escuela, and I know I will learn a lot. But I will miss my days with Clay, as well as Georgina's warm hugs, and Clay's Grandma Marilyn, who came over a lot to read us stories, draw pictures and just hang out. There was never a dull moment at the house on Yurok Street!

The good news is that Clay is enrolled at my preschool! He's in a different class, but we'll see each other on the playground and at the lunch tables. I know we'll continue to have a great time together. And I can't wait to meet his baby brother.

Thank you Jen and Rich, for letting me into your home. Thank you Georgina, for making sure I always felt safe and loved. And thanks to Clay, for being the best little buddy I could ask for!

1 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, October 03, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you Maya for being such a wonderful friend to Clay and a positive influence. He's been a much more outgoing little boy since you've become buddies. You'll be missed.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home