Maya's Musings

The daily trials, triumphs and tribulations of a 21st-century, Mexican-Polish-American baby.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Fallaween!


Hi everyone!

It's Halloween...but I like to call it Fallaween. Give me a break, I'm only 2 and a half years old! Proper pronunciation is still tricky.

This was an exciting one. I am really starting to understand what the holiday is all about: CANDY! I got to dress up as Uniqua, my favorite Backyardigans character, and then knock on doors and people gave me candy. What's not to love??

The only tricky part was learning proper Halloween etiquette. Papi and Mami kept reminding me at every house to say "Trick or treat!" and "Thank you." But I slipped up a couple of times...

At one house, we walked up and the lady said, "What color Play-Doh would you like?" I looked up at her and told the truth: "Candy!" Papi said that wasn't the right answer.

Other houses had left bowls of candy outside, so I didn't have to say "Trick or treat" to anyone. We walked up to one house with a giant bowl. I looked inside and said, "Oh my god, it's all gone!" Papi explained that it wasn't a candy bowl, but a planter. Then Mami said something about how she and Papi should watch their language more, since I'm starting to repeat everything. Oops...


What a night. I got tons of candy, but Mami and Papi are only letting me eat two pieces per day. We even carved some really cool pumpkins! Well, Papi carved them...I mostly cheered him on. See if you can recognize the coolest pumpkin design. Hint: it's a character from my very favorite cartoon show!

Our neighborhood really got into the Halloween spirit. There were decorations everywhere, kids running all around and one house was even playing the movie "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown"...on their garage door! We had to stop and watch for a few minutes. Very cool!

The night was even more special because Tio Chavita and Abuelita GeeGee came all the way to the OC just to trick-or-treat with me! Tio Chavita was Darth Vader, and we made quite a team. Check us out:
How was your Halloween? Did you dress up? Here's to chocolate wishes and lollipop dreams for everyone!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home