Maya's Musings

The daily trials, triumphs and tribulations of a 21st-century, Mexican-Polish-American baby.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Fall Fling


Happy Autumn Everybody!

I just love this time of year...the cooler air, the changing leaves, and my favorite part: our annual trip to Connecticut.

Every year we go I have a great time and think it can't possibly get better. Then we go again and somehow, I have even MORE fun!

This year my favorite part of the trip was the trampoline. As you may recall, last year I was still kind of little and couldn't bounce on it by myself...but I still got bounced around. Well this year I spent HOURS jumping on that thing with my cousins Emma and Nate and with Papi. I wanted to do it all day long. Even at bedtime I would be asking: "Mas bouncing con Emma?" The first picture is of me lying on the trampoline after a really good bouncing session. I LOVE that thing!

Tio Cliff flew up from Raleigh and we all did really fun stuff together, like go apple picking. We went to a beautiful orchard and picked fresh, sweet Courtlands from the trees. I pulled the apples off the branches and dropped them in the bucket. We even got to ride in the back of a tractor and eat fresh apple fritters! Those Northeasterners really know how to live.

We also visited a petting zoo, where I got to feed the goats and find my way out of a corn maze. Tia Marianne drove us everywhere in her COOL minivan with a DVD player, so I got to watch The Backyardigans in stereo! It was SWEET.

We also went to a couple of Nate's hockey games, where I was scared of the buzzer at first but was cheering before I knew it. As usual, I wasn't very friendly at first, but that's because I'm a little shy and really only like to kiss and hug Mami and Papi. But the Bleszinskis were so nice that by the end of the week I was giving besos on command. Here I am laying big ones on Emma and Nate!


To top it all off, we went to the Mystic Aquarium where I spent some quality time with the penguins. I think he wanted my choo-choo...but I wasn't about to give it up!

We don't know when we'll visit next because Cousin Ben will be off at college next fall. But I do know we will figure out a time to visit...I wouldn't miss it for the world!

What about you guys? What do YOU like best about fall?

P.S.- A fond farewell to Sammy, the best dog in the world. Sammy is getting older and I don't know if he will still be around when we visit again. But I still fed him Goldfish crackers and he let me give him all the hugs I wanted. Good boy, Sammy! I love you!

2 Comments:

  • At Thursday, October 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I read your blog every month. its one of the best and your little girl is very smart and sooo cute! Give her kisses from Switzerland :-)

     
  • At Thursday, October 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great seeing you again Maya! I loved bouncing on the trampoline and picking apples with you.

    Love,

    Tio Cliff

    p.s. Erika your camera is amazing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home