Maya's Musings

The daily trials, triumphs and tribulations of a 21st-century, Mexican-Polish-American baby.

Monday, August 06, 2007

Musical Youth


Hola everybody!

First of all, I apologize for not updating my blog in such a long time. I have just been so busy since we moved to Southern California, seeing new places and spending time with family. It seems like we have something to do just about every weekend!

Plus, I have been kind of busy learning a very important new skill...that's right...

I AM POTTY TRAINED!! Yay, me!

It took about a month for me to get it down, and now I only have the very occasional accident. I enjoy reading books while I am on the potty, and I get a single Reese's Pieces each time I go. My favorite undies have Uniqua from The Backyardigans on them. Other days I'm in the mood for Dora or Zoe undies. It's all very sophisticated.

Props to my Papi, who spent A LOT of time in the bathroom with me, and cleaned up quite a few messes. And even though you know I love to share photos, I am going to keep my potty pictures private! Mami says sharing those would be T.M.I.

So instead, I will tell you about my budding love for music. You may remember this previous post, where I talked about how I love to listen to music. Well, I still do, but now I am also interested in making music myself. As you can see from these pictures, I will try just about anything, from the piano to the drums to the guitar. I also have maracas that I love to shake, and I sing all the time.

Dancing is another passion of mine; Mami says I get that from her. I will boogie to just about any beat. I bang my head to Papi's rock music and get everyone dancing at family parties. Here's a picture of me shaking my groove thing to some Mexican banda music.

Thanks to Grandma Karyn for my cute party dress!

And here's a video of me in action:

Of course, my overly eager Mami is already fantasizing about giving me music lessons and enrolling me in dance classes. So what do you think? What instrument should I pick up? Or should I take a dance class instead?

I have told Mami I'm not quite ready yet, and we will probably wait until after my 3rd birthday to start a class. In the meantime, I am having a lot of fun trying out new things!

But please don't think I'm a one-trick pony who is only interested in the arts. I am my Papi's daughter, and I've got some natural athletic ability, too. Yes, I'm a big old klutz, but that's because I'm only two years old. Even though I fall a lot, I love to run and jump and kick. I've even gotten pretty good at catching a ball! Check it out:

Oh, the possibilities. I could be a musician or a singer or a dancer or an athlete. But Mami says my fashion sense could use some work. I disagree...I think I might have a promising future as a stylist! What do you think?

2 Comments:

  • At Monday, August 13, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's been SO long since you've posted, so I'm very excited that you did!

    Hmmm...what should you be when you grow up?? I think you shouldn't limit yourself. The sky is the limit! If Hillary doesn't win, YOU can definately be the first female President!!

    Now, regarding your fashion sense...I know that you're 2 and that you think Elmo is the end all, be all...but, well...maybe you should HIRE a stylist instead of be one. :) I only say that because I love you...

    I would HATE for you to go out looking like Lauryn Hill... :)

    Tia Gloria

     
  • At Thursday, August 23, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations on mastering the potty, Maya! Last time I saw you it seemed like you had the hang of it.

    Miss you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home