So long, Sacramento!
Mami and Papi arrived in Sacramento in May, 2000-- they were young, broke and ready for an adventure.
They figured they would stick around for a year or two, check out Northern California, create some cool memories, then move on back to Southern California.
Little did they know that Sacramento is a very easy place to live-- people tend to arrive, and never leave!
Seven years later, Mami and Papi were no longer the young, childless couple without roots. They were homeowners and parents with tons of wonderful friends in good old Sactown-- suddenly, leaving was a very hard thing to do, indeed.
But leave we did. We have moved to Irvine, California, in order for Mami to start a new job and for us to be closer to our wonderful family. It's a happy move, but it was still sad to leave so many fabulous friends and lovely memories behind.
I will miss my baby pals like Ari and Pippa and Julia and Zachary and Eleanor, and regret that I won't get to grow up right alongside them anymore.
I will miss our wonderful neighbors, especially the Thurmonds next door. They used to babysit me so Mami and Papi could go on dates, and bring us yummy food, just because. Candace and Melanie were my playmates-- we even played the piano together!
I will miss our little house on Crest Drive. That's where I learned to crawl and walk and talk and dance and even do yoga-- that place holds lots of memories! Mami and Papi cried when we were leaving, but I know their first home-- and all the wonderful things that happened there-- will always live on in their hearts.
So we've left the Capital City behind, and now I'm a resident of the O.C. Yeah, it's a little more sunny and glitzy, but don't worry-- this Sacramento girl will never forget her roots!

2 Comments:
At Tuesday, April 10, 2007,
abuelita guille said…
I know you are sad about leaving Sacramento, but I know your mami and papi did the right thing because you will be surrounded by all your family that loves you. I can get to babysit you whenever your parents need to go on a date or just hang about with your tio Chavita. I am very very happy about the move and I know you will too.
At Monday, April 23, 2007,
B.G. Andersen said…
Happy trails!
Post a Comment
<< Home