Maya's Musings

The daily trials, triumphs and tribulations of a 21st-century, Mexican-Polish-American baby.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

A Passion For Pooh

Boy, do I have an adventure to tell you about!

Have you ever heard of Disneyland? I hadn't, until Mami and Papi took me there to celebrate my 2nd birthday. WOW!

It's hard to find the words to describe it. It's like a kid's fantasy land. There's even a place there called Fantasyland! Hee hee!

My very cool cousin Hector works in this magical place, and he got us in for free. Then he bought me my very own pink mouse ears. I hardly took them off all day! Gracias, primo! You're the best.
It was a crisp, sunny winter day with no crowds. So we went from ride to ride with ease. I loved Peter Pan, King Arthur's Carousel, the Spinning Teacups and the Astro Orbiter rockets. Here I am enjoying It's A Small World with Mami! That was one of my favorites.

It was so much fun just walking around and taking in the sights. I had some unexpected encounters with some very friendly animals...check it out...
My pal Clay and his Mami Jen even joined us in the afternoon for some good old Disney fun!
But I must admit I was a little bit distracted all day. I kept peering around the park looking for one very special bear. That's right, Winnie the Pooh lives at Disneyland! I'm not big on Minnie or Mickey and I think Goofy's just plain goofy. The Disney Princesses bore me, but Pooh makes my heart flutter. He's AWESOME! I have many of his books and they're some of my favorites.

We headed toward Critter Country and my palms started to get sweaty. We went into the Pooh store and my jaw dropped! I scored a Pooh birthday bear, but didn't convince Mami and Papi to buy me some Pooh ears :-(We went on the Pooh ride and I demanded to get on again right away. I wanted to see my favorite bear!

But as we were getting off, there he was...in the flesh! We stood in line for a while, waiting to take a picture. Mami and Papi worried that I would be scared of the giant furry bear. Do you think I got scared?HECK NO!! I smothered that tubby little cubby with baby hugs and kisses. It was SO cool. I promised Pooh I would come back soon.

What a great day. My first trip to Disneyland is yet another memory that made my 2nd birthday so special.

I wonder how soon I can convince Mami and Papi to take me again...

2 Comments:

  • At Sunday, March 04, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Maya!
    I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to Disneyland. Let me know when you want to go again! :)

    -Hector

    PS: Pooh says "HI" :)

     
  • At Tuesday, March 06, 2007, Blogger abuelita guille said…

    Hi mi Maya, how are you? I love reading your blog because I get to see all you're up to. And as always you're always having so much fun. Last time I went to Disneyland was about five years ago and I enjoyed it as much as my first time so I know what you mean by wanting to return soon. Maybe I will go with you next time. See you soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home