Thankful Thoughts
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!This is my 2nd Turkey Day and I have to say, I am liking it more and more each year. Last year I was just a 10-month-old baby, but I got to try a taste of turkey and sweet potatoes. This year, I REALLY dove in. That's right, I have discovered one of the greatest things in the world: PUMPKIN PIE!
Mami put a slice in front of me after Thanksgiving dinner and I took a bite. WOW! The taste, the texture, the smell...I think I have discovered the perfect food. I kept asking for more...and when I woke up the next morning, the first thing I said was, "PUNKIN PIE!" No such luck, though. I guess pie isn't for breakfast...
Last year, I wrote about the many things I was thankful for. Well, this year there are even more things to give thanks for:
- Music. Gosh, I love it. I love to dance and I love when Mami and Papi sing to me. In Spanish, it is called musica but I just call it sica. When I wake up in the morning, I say, "Mas sica, please?" and Mami turns on my CD player. I like everything from Beethoven to Cri Cri to lullabies to Papi's rock music. I like to dance along, and say, "Bailar, sica!" I am even starting to sing along with Mami-- click on the video below to hear my vocal stylings!
- Raisins. I just LOVE pasas. I could eat boxes and boxes of them! If I had my way, I would live on a diet of milk, raisins and goldfish crackers. But Mami and Papi insist I eat meat, veggies and fruit, too...sigh.
- Elmo. That furry red monster is the man. I love his friends Ernie, Cookie Monster, Oscar and Zoe, too. I read their books and sing their songs and even have Zoe slippers! I call them my zapatos Zoe and I wear them all the time when we're at home. Aren't they cute?

- Books. I'm a real bookworm. I like to look at a book whenever I'm on the changing table, and Mami and Papi read me at least 4 books every night before bed. I also grab books in the middle of the day to look at. They just fascinate me!
- YouTube. Mami likes to put little videos of me on the website for friends and family to see what I'm up to. Well, I'm addicted! I just LOVE watching movies of me being goofy, bouncing on the trampoline or playing with a doggie. I can't get enough!
- My loving family and friends. There are so many people who love me and care about me. I'm so lucky to be surrounded by so many wonderful persons who want to watch me grow up healthy and happy! I'm doing a pretty good job so far, right?




2 Comments:
At Tuesday, November 28, 2006,
abuelita guille said…
Maya, I am thankful for my family. The only thing that makes me sad is that you and your mami and papi live so far away and I don't see you as much as I would like. But hopefully one day you will move closer to us. I miss you.
At Thursday, December 07, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Its been some time since I last enjoyed a moment with you folks in Sacramento. It was lots of fun visiting. How sweet to enjoy such a brilliant child. Can't wait to see you guyz soon!
Post a Comment
<< Home