Maya's Musings

The daily trials, triumphs and tribulations of a 21st-century, Mexican-Polish-American baby.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

East Coast Swing


Hi everybody!

Well, we had another great trip to Connecticut this year. I am so glad this has become an annual tradition for our family. I had SO much fun visiting Uncle Greg, Aunt Marianne, and cousins Ben, Nate and Emma!

It had been a whole year since I saw everyone, and of course I have changed a lot. For one thing, I can walk now. And for another, I can talk!

I call Greg "Gig." Marianne is "Mahwee." I can say all my cousins' names just fine, and LOVED playing dolls with Emma! We also played another game called "Kissy," where we gave each other kisses through the window. At night, we would take a bath together while Cousin Nate played us music on his iPod. As you can see from the picture at the top of this post, we were like The Three Amigos!

While my cousins were in school, we took lots of daytrips. We went to a children's museum in Middletown and went leaf peeping in Bloomfield.

I had so much fun running through the leaves...here's a video!

I also showed off my daredevil tendencies. We don't have stairs at home, but Uncle Gig and Aunt Mahwee have TWO sets of them, and it wasn't long before I figured out how to climb them AND get back down...click on the video and take a look!

I'm telling you, that big house on Barrington Way was like a curious baby's DREAM. There were stairs, and a basement full of toys, and a swingset AND a trampoline! It was my very first time bouncing up and down on one and as you can expect, I LOVED it. Check me out...

Even though I had such a great time with my cousins and all their toys, I have to admit it was a four-legged fellow that captured my heart. His name is Sammy and he's the BEST doggie ever! I chased him around and hugged him and occasionally sat on his head. He didn't mind though, he never ever got mad and he was so very patient. To make it up to him, I fed him Goldfish crackers. Click on this link to see the video!

I learned how to say, "Good boy Sammy" and "Come here Sammy!" I watched him eat and gave him bones. When I woke up from my nap, the first thing I would say was, "Sammy?!" Boy, do I miss him and all the Bleszinskis!

Thanks for opening up your home and making me so very comfortable. Mahwee, I just loved your cooking and Gig, you made me laugh. Here at home, I point at your pictures and say hi to all of you, and at bedtime I say night night. I miss you all! It was my best vacation yet and I can't wait to do it again next year!

Stay tuned...next I will tell you all about my trip to the Big Apple!

3 Comments:

  • At Monday, November 13, 2006, Blogger abuelita guille said…

    Hi Maya, you are always having so much fun. I love to follow your adventures. Cant't wait to hear about your trip to New York. I love you.

     
  • At Tuesday, November 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Maya,
    We miss you so much. It was a lot of fun having you in our home....you added so much excitement and love. Sammy misses you too! He really appreciated all the goldfish you fed him. Emma and Nate like to watch the video of all of you on the trampoline....it makes them laugh and remember what a good time you had. I was very nervous that your brains were going to turn into mashed potatoes and I had to put an end to your fun. You weren't happy. We miss you and wish we all lived on the same side of the country. Thanks so much for taking the long plane ride to visit us. We all love you!

    Mahwee(Auntie Marianne) Uncle Greg,Nate,Emma,Ben

     
  • At Wednesday, November 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maya I love the videos of you!! You got the hang of going down the stairs really fast! I showed my mom the video of the trampoline and she couldn't start laughing. it even made me laugh and wish i was on the trampoline too! I cant wait to see you soon

     

Post a Comment

<< Home