Maya's Musings

The daily trials, triumphs and tribulations of a 21st-century, Mexican-Polish-American baby.

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Aventuras Con Ari


Hola mis amigos!

Were you confused by the title? It means "Adventures With Ari." I decided to start off this post in Spanish, to show off my mad bilingual skills.

Mami's first language was Spanish, and she and my Papi have been doing their best to teach me. I speak my very own form of Spanglish most of the time...if I want more cheese, I will say, "Mas queso, peeze?" (peeze means "please.") If I want to get out of the house and go somewhere, I go stand by the window and say, "Buh bye, casa!" It's a funny mix of languages, but it works for me!

Last weekend I really got to practice my Spanish because my friend Ari came over. His parents are Mami and Papi's best friends, and I just love it when we all hang out together! Ari is a big boy; he is almost 3 years old. So he talks Spanish and English really well! I hope to be like him when I grow up.


We spent most of the time playing with my toys and chasing each other around the house, screaming with glee. Then we all decided to go visit Goblin Gardens, which is this pumpkin patch near our house.

It was SO cool! The first picture up top is of me and Ari riding this old, metal airplane. I swung back and forth and made it bounce up and down. There was also an old-fashioned teeter-totter that we rode with our parents. I just loved going up and down.

There was a big old pyramid made of hay bales, and me and Ari climbed to the very top with help from our Papis. There was a corn maze and a hay maze, and we ran around trying to find our way out. I wasn't even scared, it was fun in there!

But the very best part was the hay ride. We climbed onto this flatbed truck and sat on hay bales, and a tractor pulled us around the farm. We saw pumpkin patches and sunflower fields, but the very best part was the corn. We had yummy, sweet fresh corn right off the stalk. Mami peeled it and I bit right into it.

WOW! It was like an explosion of flavor in my mouth. I just couldn't get enough. I even started saying it over and over, "Corn! Corn! Mas corn, peeze?"

We finished up the day by posing for some silly pictures and picking out our very own pumpkin to take home. I chose this little one, and named him "Punkin." We took him home and put him on our coffee table. I like picking him and and playing with him and I've even tried biting into him a couple of times. Didn't taste very good...oh well!

The autumn weather has been just beautiful here in Sacramento, and we're still taking lots of trips to the park to do my very favorite thing...SWING! I love the swings more than anything. Papi pushes me way up high and I say, "Wheeeee!"

Guess what I say to Mami and Papi when they try to take me off the swings and go home?

"Mas whee, peeze? MAS whee, PEEZE?"

Works every time...

4 Comments:

  • At Monday, October 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow,
    Maya you eat corn now? You are growing up so fast sweet pea! Take care and say hi to Mami and Papi for me.

     
  • At Tuesday, October 24, 2006, Blogger abuelita guille said…

    Hi Mija,
    Looks like you are having alot of fun! I'm happy that you are practicing your Spanish, that's why I want to be around you as much as I can so you can practice it with me and your abuelito Chava and your tios.

    Love you.

     
  • At Wednesday, October 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wow Maya i got to see you on the swings when I went over and I knew you loved the swings!! That is an excellen picture of you on the swings. You look like you are having so much fun in all the pictures that I am jealous. hmmm... i hope to see you soon, i miss you!

     
  • At Thursday, November 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maya, You are so adorable! I loved having you at my birthday party! I hope you had a good halloween. I tried to war your awesome chickie costume but it didn't fit:( It covered my whole face.
    Let's play together soon.
    Lova,
    Julia

     

Post a Comment

<< Home