Kissing Cousins

Mami has a cousin named Adrian. And he has a little girl named Ariana. That means Mami and Ariana are second cousins. But does that make me and Ariana third cousins? Or second cousins, once removed?
It's so confusing! I think I'll just call Ariana my cousin. She is three months older than me and we got to hang out last weekend, when we visited L.A. It was a quick but fun trip. I gave Ariana lots of besos and abrazos, as you can see from the first picture.
We chased each other around and shared toys. She even gave me a kiss through the window! It was so funny. Ariana is pretty and sweet, and I hope we can hang out more!The trip started Friday night with a plane ride, and I got my very own seat. I got comfy and read a book, and even enjoyed the beautiful scenery and sunset. It was really cool.


On Saturday we visited my Abuelita Concha's grave. She's my great-grandmother, and she died before I was born. But my Mami and Papi named me Maya Conchita in her honor and her memory will live on for a very long time.
My whole family loves her very much and we like to visit her grave whenever we can. We catch up and tell stories and I like to run around the cemetery. I even showed off by naming the letters on the marble headstones. We always have a fun time there, and I like hearing stories about my Abuelita.The next day Mami, Papi and Tia Gloria ran a five-mile race at the L.A. Coliseum-- WAY TO GO!! They had a great time. Maybe next year I can convince them to let me come with them. I can't quite run five miles yet, so I'll have to enjoy the scenery from my stroller.

Later that day, my Abuelita GeeGee made yummy pozole and the whole family came over. Here I am bonding with Tio Chavita. I call him "Tito." Have I told you how much I love him?

Monday Grandma Karyn and Pop Pop Prince treated us to a great lunch at the Olive Garden, where I scarfed on macaroni and cheese-- YUM!. It was so great to see them, and I showed them a lot of my new tricks. I am talking more and more every day. On the way to the airport, I said "I love you Mami" for the very first time. Then when we were waiting for the plane, I threw my very first public tantrum. Oops! I was just very tired after such a busy weekend and not enough sleep. I got my own seat on the plane again, and to make up for the tantrum I was an angel on the way home.

Now I am getting some new teeth, so I'm a little cranky and I woke up super early this morning and wouldn't stop crying. My wonderful Papi took me for a walk and I calmed right down. I'm glad the weekend is here so I can spend some time with Mami and Papi. The weather has cooled down so we'll be taking lots of walks and going to the park. That's my favorite thing to do.
Click right here to see a video of me eating my new favorite snack! I just can't get enough of it...what's YOUR favorite snack? I'm always looking to try new things...
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend too! Happy Autumn!!

6 Comments:
At Monday, October 02, 2006,
abuelita guille said…
Maya, I enjoyed your visit very much, too bad it was so short. You are such a smart little girl and I am happy that you are learning both English and Spanish, your parents are very wise!
At Friday, October 06, 2006,
Maya Conchita said…
Hi Tia Courtney!
Oh, I will have to try raspberries soon. I just LOVE fresh blueberries. Bananas and cherries too. Oh, and oranges!
Come to think of it, I'm kind of a fruitaholic...hee hee!
At Sunday, October 08, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Hi maya, I had alot of fun playing with you wish you lived closer so we could play more often. Hope to see you at my birthday party see you soon love ariana.
At Sunday, October 08, 2006,
Maya Conchita said…
Hi Ariana!
I'm so glad you visited my blog. I hope you liked the pictures. I don't think we will be able to go to your birthday party, but hopefully we will move closer to you some day so we can play together all the time!
Besos,
Maya
At Tuesday, October 10, 2006,
Maya Conchita said…
Hi Tio Cliff!
Thanks for your comment. I know you're working really hard right now so it's nice of you to read my little blog!
I hope to see you at Christmas, too. We have lots of catching up to do...
By the way, Mami and Papi wont let me eat Pringles. They want me to eat stuff that's "healthy" and "nutritious," whatever that means...
;-)
At Wednesday, October 18, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Hi Gorgeous!
I know it's been a long time since I last saw you, but I love to hear about all of your new adventures.
I was going to go and have pozole with you that day, but I got really bad blisters from my run for Breast Cancer. It's only 3 miles, but I am REALLY out of shape and wore new shoes (bad combination). I hope next time you come down I can visit or you can visit me.
As for my favoirite snack...watermelon... yummy! Take care gorgeous and say hi to your Mami and dad for me. Love ya kiddo!
Post a Comment
<< Home