Maya's Musings

The daily trials, triumphs and tribulations of a 21st-century, Mexican-Polish-American baby.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Claymates


My Papi met his good friend Jen many years ago, when they were both poor college students working at a newspaper.

Time passed and they both finished college, changed careers, got married, had babies and stayed friends. I was born on January 19; Jen's little boy Clay was born exactly four weeks later!

Last weekend, Jen, her husband Rich and cutie Clay met up with us in San Francisco for a weekend of fun.

We stayed at a fancy, tall hotel in Union Square. I just loved riding the elevators, and would say "Wheeeee!" when we went down.

We took a bumpy ride on the cable car to Ghirardelli Square, where I kept trying to climb into the fountain. Then we walked to Pier 39, where we had dinner and rode a beautiful merry-go-round. When it stopped, I said, "Mas?" but Mami took me off the horsie anyway. I only cried for a minute or two...

The next day we headed out to Golden Gate Park. There is so much to see there! The Japanese Tea Garden was beautiful. Me and Clay explored all the bridges, paths and waterfalls. As usual, I kept Mami and Papi on their toes, and made them chase me all around the pagodas and bonsai trees!

Next was the De Young Museum, where me and Clay roamed around the sculpture garden. The security guard yelled at us for climbing on the sculptures, but how could I resist such yummy looking art?

We headed home after that, but promised to meet again soon in the City by the Bay. We've still got lots of sightseeing to do!

In other news, I am really getting good at this talking stuff. Every day I learn at least one new word, and sometimes a few. Just today, I started saying pasa, queso, Chava, Tio and beso.

Mami and Papi keep talking about how they have to watch their language, but I'm not sure what that means...

We've got another busy weekend coming up! Cousin Ben is visiting from Connecticut, and we're going to a baseball game on Saturday. Never a dull moment for us Bleszinskis...

3 Comments:

  • At Friday, August 18, 2006, Blogger abuelita guille said…

    Maya, I'm so excited that you are learning more and more words each day. I am sure that by the time I see you next month you will be talking! I am glad to see that you are having so much fun going places with your papis and your friends.

     
  • At Friday, August 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Maya! I had so much fun at our San Francisco Rendevous. I tried to impress your Papi with my imitation skills so that he will let us travel together again. I know I was a little shy when it came to "besos" but I promise that I'll try to get up the courage to pucker up next time I see you! My mommy and daddy always have such a fun time with your parents that I'm sure we'll be heading somewhere fun again soon.

    Love, Clay

     
  • At Friday, August 18, 2006, Blogger Maya Conchita said…

    Clay!
    How are you, buddy? Can't wait to hang out again...and I will be collecting on that beso!
    See you soon!

    Hi Abuelita! Thank you for being a faithful reader of my blog. I love your comments! My new favorite word is "awesome," and that's what you are!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home