Maya's Musings

The daily trials, triumphs and tribulations of a 21st-century, Mexican-Polish-American baby.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Soak Up the Sun


Summer is here, and I am loving every minute of it!

It gets pretty hot up here in Sacramento, so we have to figure out ways to have fun and stay cool. We go to the movies, check out the book store or hang out at Toys R Us for a little while. But the coolest thing we do is hang out at the pool.

In our neighborhood, we have a community clubhouse and it has a swimming pool just for babies and toddlers like me. I wasn't too crazy about it at first because the water was cold, but once I got used to it I was splashing away!

I even got into the spirit of the occasion by wearing a special outfit that Tia Gloria bought for me in Hawaii. As you can see, I wasn't too crazy about the itchy grass skirt...


But the cute blue bikini and colorful lei were just my style!


As much fun as it is to chill out in the pool, Mami and Papi are careful to protect me so I don't get sunburned. I wear sunscreen and a hat, but I like Mami's shades better than mine, so I always snag them from her. My favorite part is when Papi twirls me in the water; I love it so much, I say, "Weeee!"

How are YOU guys staying cool this summer?

1 Comments:

  • At Thursday, July 20, 2006, Blogger abuelita guille said…

    Maya, You look soooo cute in your bikini and your grass skirt. I'll be there with your tia Gloria in two weeks to hug you and kiss you. I miss you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home