"S" is for Safety

Let me start off by saying this: I love my Mami and Papi.
They love me and feed me and keep me clean and warm. They take me out to see cool new things and laugh at all my funny faces. They act like I'm the Queen of England or something.
But I'm starting to think that maybe they're just a little overprotective.
Exhibit A is up above: my latest safety accessory.
HEY! Stop laughing. It's not THAT funny. Yes, bike helmets are sort of goofy looking and if it was up to me, I wouldn't wear one. But Papi bought me my own little trailer so I could go on bike rides with him and he insisted that I be as safe as possible.
Hence, the dorky helmet.
At least it's pink and has flowers on it, right? If there's one thing Mami has taught me, it's how to make any look work.

I do enjoy the bike rides, though. I just love watching the world whizz by and seeing new people and places. If wearing a helmet is the price I have to pay, so be it.
And just in case you need more proof that Mami and Papi are overprotective, here are a couple more examples. It seems no matter where we are or what we're doing, I am held down or cushioned in some way. Car seat? Buckled in. Stroller? Strapped down. High chair? Confined.

Oh well...at least they're consistent.
Now, some really exciting news! Did you notice the title of this blog entry? Well, I have been learning my alphabet. At first, Mami and Papi would tell me letters and I would point to them and repeat them. But now, I can recognize some letters and say them all by myself! I know A, B, C, D and E. I get stuck on F, though. It's hard to make that sound! So I just make a funny noise, like "ffffff." I also know I, O and Y. And I only say the letters when I feel like it...I don't like feeling pressured in front of strangers!
Here's a video where you can see me learning my alphabet...to check it out, just click on this link!
One last observation, then I have to get some sleep! You know how they say that girls turn into their mother as they get older? Well, it seems like I am turning into my father...check out the cool t-shirt!

Rock on, everyone!

2 Comments:
At Wednesday, June 21, 2006,
abuelita guille said…
Mi Maya, I am so proud of you. You are learning very young. You are very smart just like your Mami. Before you know it you will be reading your own books. Of course if helps that your mami and papi are very dedicated parents and are taking the time to teach you. I am also very proud of them too.
At Wednesday, June 28, 2006,
Maya Conchita said…
ooh ooh! I can play this game too...
E is for Escada
F is for Fendi
G is for Givenchy
H is for Hermes...
Maya, being the little fashionista that you are, you'll learn your alphabet in NO time! ;-)
Post a Comment
<< Home