L.A. Story

We recently took a trip to Los Angeles, Mami's hometown. Our whole family still lives there, so we thought we would spend a week catching up with everyone and checking out the sights!
What a time we had...there is so much to see and do in the City of Angels. You see me wearing my very cool pink sunglasses? Well, that's because if you look closely, that's the famous Hollywood sign in the background. I had to put on my shades so the paparazzi wouldn't chase us down! I've seen what they do to poor Britney Spears...you won't catch ME riding in Mami's lap anytime soon! hee hee...
We also took in beautiful Griffith Park. There's a train ride there and ponies and Abuelita Guille works nearby, so we all met up and had a wonderful afternoon.

I also took my very first trip to the beach! We headed to the Santa Monica Pier early one morning, where I had a ball checking out the view from the ferris wheel and chasing the pigeons on the boardwalk.


Then we headed down to the beach and I got my first good look at the Pacific Ocean. We even strolled along the shoreline and I bent down to touch the sand. My verdict: YUCK! I do NOT like the feel of wet sand on my little hands. I guess I'm too much of a neat freak for the beach still! Mami and Papi say I will grow out of it, but I don't know...We wrapped up the week with a HUGE birthday bash for my Tio Chavita, who turned 15 years old! There was yummy food and a big cake and lots of people and even a big, loud band called a tamborazo. Everyone was dancing and drinking and having fun...boy, was I pooped after the party and our big week!
Here I am with Tio Chavita, who looked dashing in his tuxedo...

What a wonderful adventure...I can't wait for the next one!

1 Comments:
At Wednesday, July 12, 2006,
abuelita guille said…
Maya, I enjoyed your visit to L.A. so much. Can't wait for your next visit.
Post a Comment
<< Home