Maya's Musings

The daily trials, triumphs and tribulations of a 21st-century, Mexican-Polish-American baby.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Adventures in Babyhood


I know, I know, it's been a long time since my last post...what can I say? I'm a busy girl. I've been walking as much as possible and exploring everything I can. I'm getting pretty good at it, too! There have been a few bumps and bruises, but I get up, brush myself off and keep right on going! You can't keep me down for long!

I am also learning to talk. Yes, I know I can write pretty well, as evidenced by my blog...but the verbal part is taking a little longer. I have mastered quite a few words, some in English, some in Spanish...my current favorites are "Papi" and "ball." Other words in my repertoire include "Mami," "baby," "teta," "nana" and "bye." Pretty good, right?

Still, I can't forget you, my faithful readers. So I thought I would catch you up on some of the highlights of my crazy life!

Let's see...oh! I stayed in a hotel for the very first time! We went to a wedding near San Jose. It was just beautiful...the bride was lovely and the groom was glowing. But what I loved the most was the location...a big, beautiful home with PLENTY of room to roam! I kept Mami and Papi on their toes that day...and by the end of the night, we were glad to go back to the hotel and relax! I got my very own room, right next to Mami and Papi, so I could sleep in peace and quiet. Of course, I had to check everything out...I tested the phone, crawled into the closets, and I even made off with a few freebies! Mami says I learned that from her...
What else...oh! We visited L.A. for Mother's Day, and had a fun, busy weekend. We saw just about everybody and I was the center of attention! What fun to be loved by so many people. I think I had the most fun at my Tia Nena's house. I walked and ran and explored and played, and my cousins and tias were right behind me, every minute! Have I mentioned that I LOVE dogs? ...I call them "guaw guaws," and a really cool little dog named Rocky lives at my Tia Nena's! I couldn't get enough of him and as you can see, I think he liked me too...

There was also Easter weekend, when my Abuelitos came to visit along with Lula and Chema, my cousins from Mexico. They brought me beautiful gifts, and I got TWO Easter baskets! We went out to eat and hit the mall and had a blast while they were here. I gotta tell you, all this excitement can be exhausting! I think my Tio Chavita feels the same way.

My Mami and Papi keep saying that I'm growing up way too fast, so I figured I would end this post with a blast from the past...here's what I looked like at this time last year:

I don't look all that different, right? I guess my hair is longer now, and lighter, too. I'm definitely much better at eating now (all that food on my face is kind of embarrassing!). And I'm much more comfortable in front of the camera now, compared to then. But I'm still the same goofy, happy, cuddly girl...I'm just bigger now! And more willfull. And more mobile. And more talkative.

On second thought, I guess I have changed quite a bit!

Well, that's the latest from Sacramento...I miss you all and stay tuned!

1 Comments:

  • At Monday, May 22, 2006, Blogger abuelita guille said…

    Maya, I enjoyed your visit so much and I am looking forward for your next visit in a couple of weeks. You were so much fun! I love you so much.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home