Maya's Musings

The daily trials, triumphs and tribulations of a 21st-century, Mexican-Polish-American baby.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Accentuate the Positive


Happy Tax Day everyone!!

OK, I know what you're thinking. Who is ever happy about Tax Day? Everyone knows taxes suck.

Well, I just don't look at it that way. See, I'm an optimist. To me, the glass is always half-full, and there's a silver lining to every cloud. There's a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, and a helpful cliche around every corner. :-)

So yes, it's Tax Day, but it's also the first Tax Day that my Mami and Papi can claim me as a dependent! And for the first time in a long time, they're getting a refund. See, a silver lining!

So give it a a try...look for the positive, instead of the negative. Don't curse at the driver who cuts you off-- but give a friendly wave to the one that lets you cut in. If your co-worker is wearing a hideous shirt, tell them their hair looks nice. It really helps make the world a nicer place!

Enjoy your day everybody! Leave me a comment describing your newfound sense of optimism. I'm off to figure out how to use Papi's credit cards. Someone has to spend that refund, right?!

1 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, April 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm with you about being an optimist! My tax refund sucked this year, but at least I got one.

    Careful with those credit cards.... they're a brussel sprout disguised with chocolate... Oh wait, they're your papi's right? Nevermind, go wild kid! Get yourself a cute outfit to go with your adorable face! Love ya kiddo!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home