Maya's Musings

The daily trials, triumphs and tribulations of a 21st-century, Mexican-Polish-American baby.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Snow Angel


I love being a California girl.

There's great weather, lots of different cultures and languages, and so many pretty things to see.

But one of the best things is that we can drive west for a little while and see the ocean, or drive east for a little while and be in the mountains!

Last weekend, Mami and Papi decided it was time for me to see snow for the first time. So they bundled me up, and after about an hour in the car, we were in a winter wonderland!

I wasn't sure what to think at first. I was thinking, what is this stuff? Why is it so cold and wet? And why is everyone throwing it at each other?

Then Papi put me on a little sled and started pulling me around. Now, that was right up my alley! I'm a little thrillseeker, so every little bump and hill made me giggle and bounce.

We even found a little baby snowman and took a picture with him. Papi says when I'm a little older, we'll build one ourselves!

So now that I'm a snow veteran, what do you guys think I should try next? I'm thinking that skiing looks like a lot of fun...but I guess I should learn to walk first!

By the way, for everyone who is wondering if I am walking yet, the answer is, "Nope!"

I like grabbing onto things while I walk and I can even balance all by myself for like 30 seconds before I fall on my butt. But I'm so darn good at crawling, that I'm just in no hurry to walk by myself.

My Tia Gloria even bought me a t-shirt so that people will stop asking! Isn't it cute?

I PROMISE you, my faithful readers, that when I do finally start walking...you will be the first to know!

1 Comments:

  • At Saturday, March 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my God Maya, You look so big already. You just look so grown up in that picture on your high chair. And yes, I am so glad you live in California too, that way we can drive for a few hours and see you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home