Bling Bling Baby

If you read my blog regularly, you know I'm a fashionable baby.
I have such a big and generous family, and they're always buying me the cutest clothes. My Mami loves to dress me in pretty outfits, and I always have a matching bow in my hair.
When I was just two months old, I had my ears pierced. I cried a little bit, but stopped when Papi picked me up and hugged me. After that, it didn't hurt at all!
My first real earrings were the pretty pearls in the top picture, courtesy of Papi. I wore these for almost a year! I didn't need any other accessories to look fabulous.
But on my first birthday, I got two very special gifts. Grandma Karyn came to visit and gave me my first diamond earrings!
She also gave me a letter that told me the story of the earrings. You see, the diamonds came from the first diamond ring that Grandpa Walter gave to Grandma one Christmas. She explained to me that Grandpa is watching over me from heaven and that he and my Grandma love me very much. The earrings have three tiny, shiny diamonds, and I think they're just great! I will wear them on very special occasions because they were a very special gift.Abuelita Guille gave me my very first hoop earrings as a birthday gift, too! They're little gold hoops, and of course I need hoops because I'm half Latina! Mami says it is an unofficial rule that Latinas must wear hoops. :-) Aren't they so cute?

Despite all my cute clothes and flashy bling, it's the simple things in life that make me happy. Things like a trip to the zoo, where I got a kick out of watching the gibbons swing from branch to branch.

Gibbons are very small monkeys with long arms that just fly through the air! I couldn't take my eyes off them. We bought a zoo membership so we will be taking lots of trips to see the animals!
I also love nice long walks and fresh air. When Grandma Karyn was here, we took lots of walks even though it was cold.
They just bundled me up in a coat and hat so I would stay nice and warm!On the last night of Grandma's trip, we took her to our very favorite pizza place so she could have a New York-style pizza pie. YUM! I dig pizza. Mami and Papi think it's because they were in Italy when they found out I was on the way, and Mami was eating lots of pizza! Isn't that silly?

Well, I want to thank my Abuelita Guille, Abuelito Chava and Grandma Karyn for my gifts and for visiting; please come back soon! I love you a bunch!
Can you believe it's March already? Spring is just around the corner...I better go organize my closet and get ready for the warmer weather!

3 Comments:
At Friday, March 03, 2006,
abuelita guille said…
Mi Maya, I will also get you a gold esclava to match your gold hoops and your little gold chain with your initial to look like your mami when she was a baby like you.
At Saturday, March 04, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Hey Maya, just don't go to Boyle Heights with the very long necklace (ask your mami). How fun to be you.
At Friday, March 10, 2006,
Maya Conchita said…
Hi Anonymous! (I have a sneaking suspicion you're really Tia Da... I'm a pretty perceptive baby!)
Mami told me the story about the necklace in Boyle Heights. Wow! Can you imagine someone stealing jewelry from a little girl?
She also told me about Aliso. Now I know my family has street cred. ;-)
Post a Comment
<< Home