High-Tech Baby

As you can tell from my very first blog entry, I have always been technologically inclined.
I guess that comes from having a Mami and Papi who spend a lot of their time writing on a computer, doing research on the Internet and posting digital photos of ME!
Recently, I have discovered two new and exciting technological tools. It took me a while to figure out what the heck they are for, but now I know!
First I discovered the telephone. I always loved Papi's cell phone, but mostly to chew on. I would stare at the screen when it lit up sometimes, but when they put the phone up to my ear to say hello to someone, I just looked confused and pushed it away.
Then, I got a couple of toy telephones for Christmas. I started watching my Mami and Papi intently when they yakked on the phone, and figured out: if you hold it up to your ear, you will hear someone talking! Of course, I just have pretend conversations on my phone. I have even learned to hold a grown-up phone, as you can see.

Here's a funny story: tonight, my Mami was working late at her job. She called to say goodnight and Papi gave me the phone. Mami started saying "Bye bye!" and I started waving bye-bye at the phone! Mami and Papi thought that was so funny. I just wondered why I could hear Mami, but I couldn't see her...
Next on my list of new discoveries: my Papi's Xbox 360. Pretty sweet, huh? I would watch my Papi sitting in his video game rocker, pressing buttons really fast and scrunching up his face while he stared at the TV, but I didn't quite get it. But this weekend, I climbed into his video game chair and decided to give it a spin.

I dig the new wireless controller! So many fun buttons to push and pull. Of course, Papi won't let me play any of the games for real, because most of them are for grown-ups. But I just know that when I get a little older, the two of us will spend lots of fun times playing video games together!
In other news, Papi got a new tattoo! he already had Mami's name tattooed on his arm, so he decided to add my name. It's like a really cool crossword puzzle. A nice lady named Sakima did the tattoo; me and Mami watched, and Papi was really brave. Papi said he wanted our names on his left arm, so we could be close to his heart. Isn't he sweet?

OK, time to wrap up! This is a big week. Tomorrow is Mami and Papi's 8th wedding anniversary, and Thursday is my 1st birthday! I can hardly believe it's already here. We are driving down to L.A. for my big party this weekend, and then we'll have another party in Sacramento with all our friends up here. Aren't I a lucky girl? I can't wait...see you all soon!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home