Parents...or paparazzi???

My parents have been taking my picture for as long as I can remember.
As soon as I came out of my Mami's tummy, the camera was in my face. As first-time parents who waited a while to start their family, Mami and Papi want to capture every special moment as I change and grow.
It's nice to get so much attention. But...not every picture is flattering, as you can see.
Sometimes I am caught by surprise. Sometimes I am just minding my own business, trying to eat or play or just staring off into space and babbling, and suddenly...FLASH!!!
Yikes. Now I know how Paris Hilton and Jessica Simpson must feel when they're being chased around by the paparazzi.

Except I'm 10 times smarter than the two of them put together...and my vocabulary is already larger!
Hee hee.
Seriously, though...as you can see, the picture fatigue set in pretty early. In this picture, I'm only one week old!
Then there's this picture of me chowing down on a piece of bread.

Geesh, I can't even have a meal at a restaurant without the occasion being recorded for posterity! Embarrassing.
Here I am doing my best Sean Penn imitation...sometimes, I just reach out and grab the camera right out of their hands when I don't feel like having my picture taken. I can only take so much!

But I have to admit, every once in a while they capture a great moment. One that will remind them of this very special time in my life and bring back every feeling of joy, amazement and wonder.
Twenty or 30 years from now when I'm all grown up with a baby of my own, these pictures will bring Mami and Papi so many lovely memories.
And I'll be busy doing the exact same thing to my baby. :-)

2 Comments:
At Monday, December 12, 2005,
abuelita guille said…
Maya, these pictures bring joy to me NOW. I can't wait to see the next set of pictures, so I think it's my fault that your paparazzi mami is always taking your picture. Will you forgive me?
At Wednesday, December 14, 2005,
Maya Conchita said…
Hi Abuelita!
Of COURSE I forgive you. When Mami is taking my picture, she often says, "Let's show Abuelita how big you are!" That's when I smile my prettiest smile.
Post a Comment
<< Home