Maya's Musings

The daily trials, triumphs and tribulations of a 21st-century, Mexican-Polish-American baby.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Weekend Rendezvous


We spent the weekend in L.A. visiting family. It was a quick trip, but we saw so many people and had a lot of fun!

First stop was Abuelita Guille's work, where she introduced me to all her co-workers. They were all very nice to me and Abuelita was proud to show me off. I even did all my new tricks-- shook my head "no," blew a raspberry and said "mamama."

Next, we went to Grandma Karyn's house. I rolled around on the floor and we played tug of war with my favorite rattle. It was so funny, I kept laughing out loud! Grandma liked the way I wave my little hands when I get excited. It was great to see her, and I even got to say a quick hello to Pop Prince when he came home from work.

Saturday we went to see Jen, Rich and their baby Clay. Jen has been friends with my Papi for a REALLY long time. Now, they both have babies that were born one month apart! Clay is really cool. He has big blue eyes and LOTS of cool toys that he let me play with.

We took a trip to Irvine Regional Park, where there's a cool choo-choo train. The ride was awesome, and we vowed to go back when we're big enough to ride the horsies!

From there, we went to my Tia Chela's house. Cousins Maricela, Sofi, Jessica and Lizvette were there, and my Tia Nena stopped by, too. My Tias gave me two really cute outfits, plus a sippy cup and some pretty hair clips. Everyone is always so nice to me!

We also stopped at my Tio Cuate's house, where we saw Tia Tere, Tio Hector and Tia Socorro. I was pretty tired by then, so we couldn't stay long, but I know I'll see them again soon.

On Sunday, Abuelita Guille made a big breakfast of homemade gorditas, and I got to see Tias Lauris, Lupe, Belinda and Gloria, plus Tios Jorge and Raul. Not to mention all my great cousins plus my Bisabuelos (that means great-grandparents). My Tios Juve and Goti came, along with Cousin Maggie. Mami's old friend Priscilla also came with her daughter Savannah, and I got to meet our family's newest baby, Cousin Nathan.

His cheeks are so cute, I couldn't resist giving them a quick squeeze!


I have a big, fun family, and it's always so great to see everybody. Abuelita Guille, thank you so much for all the neat books and for the new outfit! Mami already read me three of the books, and I LOVE the one about rainbows.

See you all again at Christmas! It's only six weeks away...

1 Comments:

  • At Monday, November 14, 2005, Blogger abuelita guille said…

    Mija, I was so happy to share some time with you, too bad it wasn't long enough. I can't wait for you guys to move to Southern California that way I can see you all the time. I hope it's soon because I'm always so sad.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home