Stupid Baby Tricks

Have you ever watched David Letterman? Mami LOVES his show.
One of the funniest skits is "Stupid Pet Tricks," where dogs and cats come out and do silly stuff like play basketball or sing "Happy Birthday."
There's another segment called "Stupid Human Tricks," where people come out and drink a glass of milk through their nose or ride a unicycle on a treadmill. Goofy but fun, right?
Well, whenever I learn to do something new, Mami calls it a Stupid Baby Trick. It's not meant to be mean! She just thinks it's funny because even though my parents think it's a huge deal when I learn a new trick, they know some people are thinking, "Big deal! So your baby learned how to wave bye-bye! Way to go, Einstein!"

Hee hee!
I'm still proud of all my tricks, and so are my Papis. I like to practice by doing them over and over again. So today, I thought I would share them with everybody.
In the first picture, you can see I'm waving bye-bye. I started doing this about one week ago. I even wave bye-bye to my toys sometimes. I'm not quite clear on what bye-bye means yet, but it's fun!
In the next picture, I'm doing "tortillitas," or clapping my hands. It's like the Mexican pattycake song. I do it whenever my Mami or Papi sing the song to me! I have even started doing it to other songs. I just love to clap!

Here, I am shaking my head "no." That's why my face looks blurry! This is a fun one. Some babies shake their head no when they're being cranky, but I do it mostly for fun. I smile while I'm doing it. At day care, I shake my head no and then the other babies start doing it, and then we all laugh!

I think this next trick is my favorite right now. I'm blowing a raspberry with my mouth. See my little tongue sticking out? It makes such a cool sound. Lately, I have started doing it when Mami is feeding me dinner. When she least expects it, there's carrots or sweet potatoes flying towards her! Then I give her one of my cutest smiles, and she never gets mad.
Here's a cool one: I give myself kisses in the mirror. I'm not full of myself or anything; mostly, I just think it's kind of fun to fog up the mirror with my breath!

And last but not least is my trademark: the "happy hands." See how my hands are in motion? Whenever I am really happy or excited or frustrated, I wiggle both my hands in circles really fast! Picture a beauty pageant wave, but in hyperspeed. Aunt Mar and Uncle Greg get a big kick out of this one, and so do my Abuelitos. They call it "los patos," because it's almost like I'm using my hands to imitate a duckie swimming through the water.

So what do you think of all my tricks? Silly, stupid or spectacular? :-)

4 Comments:
At Monday, November 21, 2005,
abuelita guille said…
Hi Maya. I like to see all your baby tricks you remind me alot of your mami. She was as cute as you and just loved to do tortillitas.
Your tia Gloria is very crazy but she's a lot of fun.
At Monday, November 21, 2005,
Maya Conchita said…
Gloria, you are officially the funniest tia EVER!
Abuelita, I hope you can come and visit before Christmas...I promise to show you all my new tricks! Miss you...
At Sunday, November 27, 2005,
Anonymous said…
Mija, te estas pareciendo mas y mas a tu mami en lo bonita y lo seria. Tu mami se reia solamente cuando hechabamos brincos y maromas en el piso, pero esta vez que viniste no tuvimos tiempo para chiquiarte, quisa la siguiente vez que nos veamos tengamos mas tiempo de jugar contigo y que lla no estes tan "chichona", por que te gusta mucho la chi-chi no por otra cosa. Pero asi te quiero mucho, ojala y siguas igual de bonita.
At Sunday, November 27, 2005,
Maya Conchita said…
Hola Tia!
Me dio mucho gusto ver tu comentario en mi blog. Gracias por el mensaje!
En mi proxima visita vamos a tener mas tiempo para jugar y convivir. La ultima vez que te vi estaba muy cansada y tenia hambre, asi que estaba de mal humor. Pero para Navidad nos vamos a divertir mucho!
Hasta entonces Tia, te quiero mucho! Saludos y besos a todos...
Post a Comment
<< Home