Maya's Musings

The daily trials, triumphs and tribulations of a 21st-century, Mexican-Polish-American baby.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Halloween Honey


This was my very first Halloween and I've gotta say, I think it's my favorite holiday so far!

We get to carve pumpkins, dress up in fun costumes, and get candy from strangers. What's not to love?

Of course I'm still too little to eat any candy. But I chewed on some anyway. The foil wrappers felt good on my gums. I managed to get a mini Milky Way opened, but Papi caught me with chocolate on my upper lip and snatched it away. Maybe next year, I'll get to indulge a little...my organic diet of breast milk, fruit and veggies is yummy and healthy, but it can get kind of boring!

So on Halloween night, Mami came home from work and dressed me in my duckie costume. We headed to the front porch with Papi, where we handed out candy to all the trick-or-treaters. There were big kids and little kids and even a few babies, like me! There were lots of Darth Vaders and Spidermans and princesses and witches. It was fun to see all the costumes, and lots of mommies and daddies kept saying how cute I looked.

There were HUNDREDS of kids, and we ran out of candy pretty early. Papi had to go out and buy more candy, then we ran out again! Next year, we'll be more prepared.

Mami also bought me a strawberry costume, so I changed into that for the rest of the night. It was puffy and cute, although some people said I looked more like a tomato.

I can't decide which costume I liked better...so tell me, what do you guys think? Which costume was cuter?

Here I am with our jack-o-lanterns. Mami drew the faces and Papi carved them. Aren't they cool? I'm already looking forward to next Halloween...what should I dress up as next year?

5 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, November 02, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    From your Tia who works at Duckhorn, I like the Duckie costume!

    Tell your Mami and Papi that you need to come visit your Tia Courtney very soon!

     
  • At Wednesday, November 02, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like the Duckie costume. Its so much cuter. Heres something that will scare your dad: Dress up as an Angel fan (hat, shirt, jacket, red hair...the whole nine yards) with a Rally Monkey next to you. That will give him a good scare! :-)

     
  • At Thursday, November 03, 2005, Blogger abuelita guille said…

    Maya, I loved them ALL. You looked so cute in all of them. I am so happy about seeing you tomorrow, I'm already thinking about all the fun stuff we're gonna do.

     
  • At Thursday, November 03, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ohmigosh! I LOVE the wardrobe changes. A girl must have choices. What a cutie. Love, Julia.

     
  • At Wednesday, November 09, 2005, Blogger Maya Conchita said…

    Cousin Maggie, you are so funny!

    Of course, my Papi isn't really laughing. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home