Travelin' Girl

Hi Everybody! I'm back from my whirlwind trip to the East coast!
What a blast. There's so much to tell, it will take me a few posts. For today, I will start with the plane trip (my first!) and our day in Boston and North Andover, Papi's hometown.
Mami and Papi were nervous that I would cry on the plane, but I didn't cry at all! It was fun to sit in Mami or Papi's lap all day. We flew from Sacramento to Minneapolis, then changed planes and flew from Minneapolis to Hartford.
Mami fed me a lot so my ears wouldn't pop and I napped a little, but I also played with my toys and tore up some in-flight magazines. All the other passengers kept stopping to tell Mami and Papi what a pretty, well-behaved baby I am.

And when we got off the plane in Hartford, the Captain even gave me some wings! As you can see, they were fun to chew on, but Mami took them away from me pretty quickly. No wonder Papi calls her Debbie Downer. ;-)
The drive to Boston took about two hours and I slept most of the way. We stopped at the Public Garden, one of Mami's favorite spots from her college days. She used to have to walk through the Garden all the time to get to her waitressing jobs.

What a beautiful place! Great big trees, lush green grass, pretty ponds, colorful flowers, and cool historic buildings in the background. We strolled, took some photos and enjoyed the warm weather.
We also stopped to check out the duck statues from the book "Make Way For Ducklings" by Robert McCloskey. That's a famous children's book about how the whole city of Boston comes to a standstill so that a family of ducks can safely make their way to the Public Garden. The statues were so cute, I decided to hop on!

From there, we drove to North Andover, my Papi's old stomping grounds.
It was lunchtime, so we had to stop at Harrison's for my Papi's favorite: a large roast beef sandwich with cheese and mayo. I don't eat grown-up food yet, but it sure looked tasty! Papi said he ate too much but hey, he only has it once a year, so live a little, I say!
After lunch, we went to visit my Grandpa Walter's grave.
Grandpa passed away when my Papi was only 18, and it makes Papi sad that I'll never get to meet him. But his spirit lives on, and my Papi will tell me all about him as I grow up. I am glad we visited his grave. I tried to make Papi feel better by hugging and cuddling him. I hope I helped.

After the cemetery, we decided to stop at Uncle Frank and Aunt Carol's house in Andover. Uncle Frank is Grandpa Walter's brother, and my Papi says he looks a lot like Grandpa. I played with Uncle Frank for a while and he did this really cool thing: he pretended his finger was a buzzing bee and everytime he tickled me, I couldn't stop giggling!
It was great to meet them, and I hope they visit us in California soon!

That's it for today. Stay tuned for a post about our fun time in Connecticut with The Bleszinskis of Glastonbury!

6 Comments:
At Wednesday, October 19, 2005,
Anonymous said…
Congrats on the trip. Glad you had a chance to meet my papi. I am sure you will have a chance to meet your cousins Katie and Julie really soon ;-)
Uncle Doug and Aunt Karen
At Wednesday, October 19, 2005,
Maya Conchita said…
Hi Uncle Doug!
I'm happy you're reading my blog!
I REALLY hope next time we're back east, I will get to meet Cousins Katie and Julie! I can't wait to play with them...
Love,
Maya
At Wednesday, October 19, 2005,
abuelita guille said…
Mamacita, I'm glad you're back from your trip. I hope you had alot of fun. Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures and tell me all about your trip.
At Thursday, October 20, 2005,
Anonymous said…
Wow! Maya, you are so fortunate to have visited your Grandpa's grave with your Dad. I am sure Grandpa is very, very proud of you and your Mom and Dad and was happy to meet you and see what a beautiful young girl you are.
Your cousin Lauren says, "Hi baby MIA, when are you coming to play with me"? (how she says your name).
Uncle Chris
At Thursday, October 20, 2005,
Maya Conchita said…
Hi Uncle Chris!
I love hearing stories about Grandpa Walter. I know he would be so proud of his sons because they are wonderful husbands and fathers, like he was.
Give Cousin Lauren a big kiss for me, and tell her I can't wait to play with her!
At Thursday, October 20, 2005,
Anonymous said…
you saw the cool ducks that walk?! you're so lucky!
Post a Comment
<< Home