Maya's Musings

The daily trials, triumphs and tribulations of a 21st-century, Mexican-Polish-American baby.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

The Great Outdoors



I was born in January, a very cold, foggy and dreary time of year here in Sacramento.

Before we knew it, summer was here--- a VERY hot and uncomfortable time of year here in Sacramento.

But now, it's fall...and the weather is gorgeous! We have been trying to take advantage by spending time outside.

There's a park near our house with a playground. We go there to swing, ride the horsie, and have picnics.


Mami and Papi say I'm a little daredevil...I like when they swing me really high, and I cry when it's time to go home!

After playtime, we spread a blanket out under a tree and just relax. I'm always having fun as long as I'm with Mami and Papi!

In other news...I finally got my very first tooth! YAY!

It happened last Thursday. Mami and Papi were surprised because I wasn't cranky or anything. It's on the bottom of my mouth, the middle tooth on the right side. You can't see it yet unless you look really close...but soon, I'll be flashing a big, toothy grin!

Oh...I won't be updating my blog until late next week. We are flying to Connecticut to visit Uncle Greg, Aunt Marianne, and Cousins Ben, Nate and Emma! It's my first time on a plane and I'm so excited! I hear New England is beautiful this time of year. We are going apple picking and might even go to Boston! I'll tell you all about the trip when we get back, so stay tuned...

4 Comments:

  • At Thursday, October 06, 2005, Blogger abuelita guille said…

    Mi muchachita linda. You are not even a year old and you are already traveling. Next stop is abuelita's house. See you soon!

     
  • At Thursday, October 06, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Maya,
    Congrats on your new tooth. You must take pictures of it so you can show off. Have a blast on the airplane ride. Tell your mami & papi to take a lot of pictures, that way you can put them in a big album & you can always remember them. Visit soon, those cheeks of yours need some Chavez kisses. Love Ya Chickie!

     
  • At Saturday, October 08, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maya,

    You are cute! And my favorite cousin.

    Love,
    Cousin Emma

     
  • At Sunday, October 16, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Maya,
    Thanks for coming to meet me today! I can already tell we are going to be friends and you are going to teach me so much about. And, you are going to give me some great fashion tips. Thanks to your mami and papi for stopping by too and outfitting me in some very cool duds. I'll see you soon.
    Love, Julia

     

Post a Comment

<< Home