Maya's Musings

The daily trials, triumphs and tribulations of a 21st-century, Mexican-Polish-American baby.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Autumn Daze


Fall is here, and I've caught the spirit!

It's the season of changing leaves, ripe apples, colorful pumpkins, and Halloween. We decided to take advantage by going to Apple Hill last weekend.

Apple Hill is near the mountains, and there are lots of apple orchards and pumpkin patches. You can buy apples, pies, cider, and do all sorts of other fun stuff.

We started off at Abel's Apple Acres, where I touched my first pumpkin. I was very serious as I studied it. Then my Mami showed me a pine cone. It was all so new! But I'm adventurous, so I touched it very carefully. I think I'm going to like this nature stuff!

Next up: my very first pony ride! Some of the kids who went before me got scared and cried. Papi was nervous that I would be afraid of the pony, but I grabbed right on. It was a tiny, cute little horse, and it was fun to bounce along.

When it was over and it was time to get off, I didn't want to let go of the saddle, and I even cried! It didn't work, though. Papi still made me get off the pony. We had a lot of other stuff to see. But at least now he knows what I want for Christmas...

We also clowned around and took pictures where I pretended to be a pumpkin head. We always have so much fun wherever we go!

Our last stop was Plubell's Family Orchard. It was so pretty, with lots of tall trees, a petting zoo, and yummy pies and cider!

I saw cows, pigs, chickens and sheep. It was pretty cool. Then Mami and Papi bought some pies and they even gave me my very first taste of fresh apple cider.

I have two words: YUM-MEE!!

All in all, it was a fabulous day. I was pooped and slept most of the way home. Next up: Halloween! I can't wait to show you my costumes. Sunday we are going to Ari's 2nd birthday party, and Monday we will trick-or-treat around the neighborhood.

I have to say, it sure is fun to be a baby...

2 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, October 26, 2005, Blogger abuelita guille said…

    Mija, you are always doing fun stuff with your mami and papi. They are doing an excellent job raising you. I am so proud of your mami. I know you will grow up to be an excellent young lady and beautiful too.

     
  • At Tuesday, November 01, 2005, Blogger Maya Conchita said…

    Hi Abuelita and Tia Abuela!

    I am a very lucky girl! I'm still a baby and have already seen and done so many cool things.

    Abuelita, my Mami tells me she learned how to be a good parent from you, so I have to thank you for raising my Mami so well! She's a good Mami because she had a great Mami.

    Tia Gloria, all you have to do to get your wings is do "trompas" for the pilot and bat your eyelashes a little. Then giggle for no reason and clap your hands. Works every time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home