Family Ties

Wow, what a weekend!
My Abuelitos and my tios came to visit us in Sacramento. I love when family visits! Everybody plays with me and tries to make me laugh. I even got a present from Abuelita, a talking doll named Maya! She speaks English and Spanish. Some day, I will too!
I did all my new tricks for my family: rolled over, sat up, giggled and babbled. By the end of the weekend, I was even doing "tortillitas" with my hands when Abuelita sang the song! It's fun to dance and clap my little hands.
On Sunday night, Mami and Papi went to a wedding and my Abuelitos took care of me.


They fed me, took me for walks, played with me, bathed me and even put me to sleep. I did get a little upset because I missed Mami and Papi. I'm not used to them being gone! But Abuelito Chava and Abuelita Guille never lost their patience; they kept trying to make me smile and took such good care of me. I can scream really loud when I cry, too, but they just kept hugging and kissing me. They must really love me!
On Monday we all went out for breakfast before my Abuelitos left. They had been so nice to me, I grabbed the check and said, "This one is on me!" I had even slapped down Papi's credit card, but Abuelito Chava insisted that he would pay. Isn't that nice? Thank you, Abuelitos, for visiting and taking care of me! Come back really soon, OK? Los quiero muchisimo!


5 Comments:
At Tuesday, September 06, 2005,
abuelita guille said…
Mija, I had so much fun taking care of you. I enjoyed every minute, and you know you can always count on me if you ever need me again. I already miss you alot. Hope to see you soon.
At Wednesday, September 07, 2005,
Maya Conchita said…
Hi Cousin Nathan!
I'm so excited that you left a comment. You'e officially my youngest reader. Cool!
Has your Mami read you the books I sent you? I *love* The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Tell me what you think of it, OK? See you soon!
At Saturday, September 10, 2005,
Anonymous said…
hey did you remember to tip your server? :-)
At Saturday, September 10, 2005,
Maya Conchita said…
Silly Cousin Maggie!
My Papis have taught me to always tip at least 18 percent if the service is good.
Of course, if you were our server, we would tip you way more. :-)
Are you still working at El Torito? Remember when I visited you there on Mother's Day? I hope to see you again soon!
At Sunday, September 25, 2005,
Anonymous said…
yes I am but I will be quitting soon because I have been offered to be a math/history tutor at the new high school. but dont worry I know you parents tip well! :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home