Maya's Musings

The daily trials, triumphs and tribulations of a 21st-century, Mexican-Polish-American baby.

Sunday, September 18, 2005

An Artist Is Born


Behold my first work of art, produced at the tender age of 8 months. My tools were watercolors, paper and my two little hands.

Most would say I am too young to be painting...but even though I'm just a baby, I have to express myself!

I drew inspiration from Jackson Pollock, an icon of the Abstract Expressionist movement (amazing what you can learn on Google!). My hands-on, "drip and splash" style of drawing allows me to convey all my pent-up emotions.

If you look closely at my masterpiece, you can see the hunger that churns in my belly when I'm waiting for my milk... the happiness I feel when Papi throws me up in the air... the frustration I feel when I'm on my hands and knees, trying so hard to crawl but only scooting backward...

Pretty deep, huh?

Maybe I will try a sculpture next! Yay!


Here's me and my girlfriends from day care, Zoe and Victoria. We hang out and play together. As you can see, we're a multi-cultural bunch. Very 21st century!

As much fun as I had painting for the first time, it was also a sad day. Miss Tasha, who took such great care of me at day care, left because she is starting a new job somewhere else. I sure liked the way she played with me, read me books and sang to me! The new babies she is going to take care of are very lucky.

Miss you lots, Miss Tasha...I won't forget you!

5 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, September 20, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi maya! this is a test post

     
  • At Tuesday, September 20, 2005, Blogger abuelita guille said…

    Looks like you are having so much fun with all that paint all over you. Enjoy it while you can.

    I am so sorry Miss Tasha is leaving because I know you really liked her alot :(

    Mija I bought you so books and I'll be mailing them to you soon.

    Love you.

     
  • At Wednesday, September 21, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OK, that last comment was TOO funny, Gloria...I was laughing out loud!

    And I think you may be right about Maya's musical inclinations... we may have a future Gwen Stefani in our midst. ;-)

     
  • At Sunday, September 25, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HI there Miss Maya,
    I think you are the greatest artist who ever lived... You need to make more appearances down in the OC so all your cousins can hold you and squeeze you and kiss for ever. LOL. We miss you and know you have wonderful talents. Hope to see you and get your autograph soon. Love ya.

     
  • At Sunday, September 25, 2005, Blogger Maya Conchita said…

    Hi Cousin Liz!
    Thanks for visiting my blog! I can't wait to visit the OC again.

    Although Mami keeps telling me it's NOT like the goofy TV show! I don't care. I just love seeing my family!

    Miss you and hope to see you soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home