Day Care Diaries
My Papi takes care of me most of the time, and we have so much fun together! He makes me laugh all day. But two days a week, I go to a day care center near my Mami's job. It gives my Papi a chance to get some work done, and it gives me a chance to be around other babies and get to know some grown-ups besides my parents.

Before day care, I would cry whenever anybody besides Mami or Papi held me. Now, I am more friendly with strangers (although sometimes I will still cry if I'm tired or hungry! There's nothing like Mami or Papi's arms when I'm feeling cranky).
Day care is fun. Mister Chauncey and Miss Tasha and Miss Jennifer take good care of me. They feed me, change me, rock me to sleep, and read me books. Miss Tasha likes to sing to us and Mister Chauncey lets me pull on his dreads (but not too hard!).
It's fun to play with other babies. I like to watch them crawl, walk, eat and cry. It's always noisy and busy at the day care center. There's always something to see, which is perfect for a super-curious girl like me.

My Mami works across the street so she comes over at lunch time to feed me and play with me. I always smile and kick my feet when she walks in! I think she is happy to see me, too.
The other day Miss Jennifer said I am "such an easy-going baby, so mellow." That made Mami really proud. She and Papi are always saying I am a very good baby, because I'm very happy and I hardly cry. But it's easy to be good when I have parents and a great big family that love me a ton!
In other news...
Today was a big day for me! I rolled from my back to my tummy, then onto my back again for the very first time! Before, I would roll onto my tummy, then get stuck and start fussing. But once I figured out how to roll back again, I was off and running! I rolled all the way across the living room and even tried to crawl! I'm not so great at crawling yet but I did manage to reach my favorite rattle. WOO-HOO! It was empowering.
Now, I roll over onto my tummy while I sleep. I think I am more comfy this way. When Mami or Papi come into my room in the morning, they always find me on my stomach now!

OK, back to sleep...Mami and Papi don't know that I'm awake writing this, and besides, I am tired from all that rolling around...
Goodnight!

Before day care, I would cry whenever anybody besides Mami or Papi held me. Now, I am more friendly with strangers (although sometimes I will still cry if I'm tired or hungry! There's nothing like Mami or Papi's arms when I'm feeling cranky).
Day care is fun. Mister Chauncey and Miss Tasha and Miss Jennifer take good care of me. They feed me, change me, rock me to sleep, and read me books. Miss Tasha likes to sing to us and Mister Chauncey lets me pull on his dreads (but not too hard!).
It's fun to play with other babies. I like to watch them crawl, walk, eat and cry. It's always noisy and busy at the day care center. There's always something to see, which is perfect for a super-curious girl like me.

My Mami works across the street so she comes over at lunch time to feed me and play with me. I always smile and kick my feet when she walks in! I think she is happy to see me, too.
The other day Miss Jennifer said I am "such an easy-going baby, so mellow." That made Mami really proud. She and Papi are always saying I am a very good baby, because I'm very happy and I hardly cry. But it's easy to be good when I have parents and a great big family that love me a ton!
In other news...
Today was a big day for me! I rolled from my back to my tummy, then onto my back again for the very first time! Before, I would roll onto my tummy, then get stuck and start fussing. But once I figured out how to roll back again, I was off and running! I rolled all the way across the living room and even tried to crawl! I'm not so great at crawling yet but I did manage to reach my favorite rattle. WOO-HOO! It was empowering.
Now, I roll over onto my tummy while I sleep. I think I am more comfy this way. When Mami or Papi come into my room in the morning, they always find me on my stomach now!

OK, back to sleep...Mami and Papi don't know that I'm awake writing this, and besides, I am tired from all that rolling around...
Goodnight!

7 Comments:
At Friday, August 26, 2005,
Anonymous said…
And you're rolling over again today, mama! You just get more adorable every day my little love, La Luz de mi Vida.
At Friday, August 26, 2005,
abuelita guille said…
You are such a lucky baby to have your papi take care of you and your mami just across the street. You are growing up with all that love from everybody that surrounds you. That's why you are such a happy baby.
I'll be there next week to see all that rolling and to babysit you while your papi and mami to to the wedding. I can't wait.
At Friday, August 26, 2005,
Maya Conchita said…
Tia Gloria, you are so crazy! My Mami has told me all about you. I thin she used the words "bad influence" but I'm not sure what that means yet... ;-)
Abuelita, I can't wait to see you! I got the Cri-Cri CD and I love it. Thanks for the books, too!
At Friday, August 26, 2005,
Maya Conchita said…
Hiiiijole!!!
Miss you Tia Da!
Hiiiijole! I can't wait for you to come and visit me!
At Monday, August 29, 2005,
Anonymous said…
Hey Maya!! Greetings from Melbourne Australia. Look at you, not even a year old yet and already you're "international"!! Now, you listen to your Aunt Gloria because if anyone knows how to make "junk in the trunk" look good it's her!!!
Cheers, the Drummer from Down Under.
PS. You can call me Scott. ;)
At Monday, August 29, 2005,
Maya Conchita said…
WOW!! I have a reader in Australia?! That is SO cool. I am quite the cosmopolitan baby already. Some day, maybe Mami and Papi will take me to Australia!
I hope to meet you someday...maybe you will let me bang on your drums. I LOVE to hit stuff that makes noise!
At Monday, August 29, 2005,
Maya Conchita said…
Scott, I have been thinking about Australia all day and I have a question: what tastes worse, pureed turkey or vegemite?
Just curious. :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home