Maya's Musings

The daily trials, triumphs and tribulations of a 21st-century, Mexican-Polish-American baby.

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Big City Baby



This was a busy weekend! Cousin Ben was visiting so we went everywhere with him. I went to San Francisco for the first time, and we stopped at this big red bridge to take pictures. It was windy and foggy! It didn't feel like summer there. Mami dressed me in a sweater and hat to make sure I was warm. Then we came back to Sacramento and it was super hot again! It was kind of confusing.

Saturday night I went to sleep early like a good girl and Mami and Papi went to a movie. Cousin Ben stayed home to take care of me in case I woke up, but of course I didn't. I knew Mami and Papi needed a fun night alone. They love me a lot, but they don't get to go out as much as they used to because I'm still a little baby. I'm happy they got to go on a date!

Let's see, what else is new? Oh, how could I forget?! I can stand now! I still need some support from a grown-up, but my legs are pretty strong.


I'm rolling over all the time now and scooting around on my butt. I like to grab everything-- toys, hair, jewelry, water bottles. I am just so curious about the world around me! Everything is still brand new. I also babble and yell all the time. Mami and Papi wonder when I will start talking and walking, but I think I'll just surprise them!

Have I mentioned how much cute clothes I have? All my family and friends bought me so many nice presents when I was born. This is an outfit my Tia Lauris bought me. Isn't it cool? It even has matching shoes! It makes me feel like going on a beach vacation. I haven't been to the beach yet, but I can't wait for Mami and Papi to take me!

It's a big, beautiful world we live in, and I am having so much fun discovering it!

3 Comments:

  • At Monday, August 22, 2005, Blogger Maya Conchita said…

    Aw, Tia Gloria, don't be mean! I'm not THAT chubby...am I?

    That's OK. I'm proud of my chub, even the rolls on my legs. I make it work! :-)

     
  • At Monday, August 22, 2005, Blogger abuelita guille said…

    Mija, your Tia Gloria is very funny. You are going to love her.

     
  • At Tuesday, August 23, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi!!
    It's the Cerda Family (Victor, Priscilla, Savannah and Ian...oops! "Belle" and "Mugzie" too)from Corona, CA.
    ok ok
    Dear Maya,
    It has been such a pleasure to watch you grow on-line. This technology stuff is truly amazing! I can only imagine what the the world is going to be like through your eyes as you grow. You look like you are keeping MOMMY and DADDY very busy. Are you enjoying them? Those book loving parents you got stuck with. Well guess what? Books are helping Victor and I raise Savannah and Ian too! Lucky for books these days... I think Savannah and Ian are gratful for them as well. I have manage to keep my sanity through scripture and literature. What a concept? Well, it was a pleasure writting to you. I Hope you understand my sp and gram because there is no spell check on this puppy.
    Good night little princess. Enjoy your little world.
    God Bless.

    Love ya!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home