Maya's Musings

The daily trials, triumphs and tribulations of a 21st-century, Mexican-Polish-American baby.

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Bad Hair Day


So frankly, my hair was a mess. It was long in the back and shaggy and uneven in the front, and I even heard my Mami and Papi say I was "rocking a mullet." I don't know what a mullet is, but they laughed every time they said it, so I figured it wasn't a good thing.

Time for my first haircut!

Thankfully, Papi has a great stylist named Kevin-Michael. Some babies would have just gone to Supercuts, but I'm more of a midtown, fancy salon kind of baby. I wanted a fabulous 'do. Kevin-Michael said he could fix me up in no time, so I said, "Let's do it!"

He put this big black cape on me and then came at me with these sharp, pointy things. He wet my hair and started cutting it. I shed a few tears, as many women do when they lose their long, luxurious locks...


...but once he started styling it, I could see my hair was going to look fabulous.


So here's my new hairstyle. A basic bob, with a curly flip at the ends. I decided to accesorize my new 'do with a basic black baby tee. What do you all think? Tres chic, no?

6 Comments:

  • At Friday, August 12, 2005, Blogger abuelita guille said…

    mi nina chula,
    I'm so happy you have this blog because I can see you as you are growing up since we are so far away. I check it everyday hoping to see a new post. I love you so much.

     
  • At Friday, August 12, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hola maya!
    love the t-shirt. it goes smashingly with your hip new 'do. you're the cutest thing in midtown!

     
  • At Friday, August 12, 2005, Blogger Maya Conchita said…

    Wow, thanks everyone! I'm so glad you like my new hairdo. Abuelita, I miss you and I'm glad you like my blog! Laurel, thanks for the cool t-shirt! I feel so stylish in it. Tia Gloria, I can't WAIT to go to Neiman Marcus with you...my Mami told me how much fun it is!
    Keep reading. :-)

     
  • At Friday, August 12, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maya, as long as Tia Gloria is buying you the 7 and Manolo's, that's cool with me ;-)

     
  • At Sunday, August 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow! You look wonderful Maya.... You'll have to let Pippa know your beauty secrets (when she's old enough, that is).
    Sonja

     
  • At Monday, August 15, 2005, Blogger Maya Conchita said…

    Sonja! I'm so happy you're reading my blog. I can't wait to meet Pippa... us Bee babies have to stick together. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home