Maya's Musings

The daily trials, triumphs and tribulations of a 21st-century, Mexican-Polish-American baby.

Monday, August 08, 2005

Almost Famous



One of my favorite things to do is tear up my Mami and Papi's old magazines. But sometimes I stop to read them first (yes, I can read already; I know I'm advanced, but I don't like to brag about it too much).

I'm still learning about this world, and these magazines make me think people are kind of kooky. I have so many questions: who are Brad and Angelina, and do they have last names? How did Lindsay Lohan get so skinny, and doesn't she know that chubby girls (like me!) are much cuter? And can someone please explain why Paris Hilton is famous?

I feel kind of sorry for grown-ups, always worrying about silly stuff like this. Me, I enjoy being a baby and not having a care in the world except when I'm going to eat next. Grown-ups should try to be more like babies; take a little time every day to just stare into space, babble, shake something noisy or just suck on your feet for a while. Try it, it's fun!

I also wanted to say thank you to my family for reading my blog and leaving comments! It made me so happy, I kicked my feet and wiggled my fists! I am so happy that you like it. I have readers from California to Connecticut. I'll bet not many babies can say that! Keep reading, I love you and miss you all!

2 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, August 09, 2005, Blogger abuelita guille said…

    Mija, I knew you were very advanced when you were born, because your mami was very advanced too. Hope to see you soon.

     
  • At Wednesday, August 10, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ay mijita, I too wonder about those same questions of fame & figures... In fact, the main reason I like J.Lo is because she made curves (i.e. big butts) popular (take that Lohan!). :)

    But dear Maya, you keep enjoying life and its sweet simplicities, you've got the right attitude, one that we all forget sometimes...

    Muchos abrazos, chulita con los bellos lazitos en el pelo!
    la PIC de tu mama
    xoxo

     

Post a Comment

<< Home